Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Easy Christmas Food Activities for Preschoolers + Tips for a Better Baking Experience

Click here to read Easy Christmas Food Activities for Preschoolers + Tips for a Better Baking Experience on Hands On As We Grow®


During the holidays, it’s hard to keep up with everything on your list, and who has time for checking it twice besides Santa?

I hear you. Been there, done that even.

I got to a point where I was tired of missing out on creating special moments with my kids because I was too stressed to enjoy the time that went into making each little moment. 

I just wanted some fun Christmas Food Activities to do with my kiddos!

Christmas Food Activities For Preschoolers

And in that moment, I realized it wasn’t about being in-depth with crazy detailed crafts, baking, and activities. It was about simple concepts that my kids loved and that I loved doing with them.

Today, I want to share some tips that will help shorten your busy to-do list but keep the fun family time. 

When George was three, I wanted to make my husband’s favorite holiday candy.

Do you have a favorite holiday treat?

We all do, I think…I even dream about mine mid-July, anticipating goodies to come. 

Anyway, I’m getting distracted with delicious thoughts, my husband and I each had our own family’s version of these amazing peanut butter cup Christmas candies and two recipes just wouldn’t do.

So… I merged them into one new fabulously simple recipe I could make with my 3-year-old.

Along with a few other ideas, I created these fun food activities for preschoolers.

Now let me warn you, food activities for preschoolers come with challenges, I’ll admit, but they also come with amazing rewards. The first time my preschooler used cookie cutters was priceless!

Try these tips for an easy baking experience with kids:

  1. Make time in your preschool schedule for baking activities to take 2-3 times as long. 
  2. It’s okay if your kids make a mess in the kitchen. You can always clean up that mess later.
  3. Be patient. What’s usual to you is brand new to your preschooler. They think everything is AMAZING…especially the food processor!

Now, let’s get hands-on with some Christmas food activities for preschoolers.

You have to realize not everything has to be baked or cooked.

My peanut butter cup candies are chilled in the refrigerator, no oven needed…and they’re oh-so-yummy!

An easy but fun treat at Christmas is a festive trail mix with red and green M&Ms and mini marshmallows popping up here and there.

Christmas Food Activities For Preschoolers

Christmas Carol Mix Up

Kids love using measuring cups. So this Christmas Carol Mix Up is the perfect time to start experimenting with amounts.

This recipe is easily doubled or tripled, and you can customize it to your own family’s tastes!

Ingredients for Christmas Carol Mix Up:

1 cup peanuts

1 cup almonds

½ cup sunflower seeds

1 cup raisins or dried cranberries

½ cup granola 

½ cup mini marshmallows

¼ cup red and green M&Ms

Help your child measure each ingredient into a large bowl. Then let your child mix by hand or with a large spoon.

Store in an airtight container for up to a month (but it won’t last that long).

Ooey Gooey Sticky Buns

Who doesn’t love easy gooey sticky buns? Uh, this girl is all over that!

I’m going to give you a way to take your store bought cinnamon rolls to the next level.

Next time you’re grocery shopping, pick up a tube of cinnamon rolls, you know the ones you like best.

Then, when you get home, plan to make them with your kids. Like I said before, make time in your preschool schedule—time is key! And when you have the time, it’ll make you smile to make these with your kids.

First, follow the directions on the tube to make the rolls, preheat the oven, etc. BUT before you place the rolls in the pan (I like to use a round cake pan) mix up a batch of this easy ooey gooey caramel sauce first. 

Ingredients for Ooey Gooey Caramel Sauce:

¼ cup margarine or butter

½ cup brown sugar

A dash of vanilla 

Pinch of cinnamon

Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the brown sugar, a dash of vanilla, and a pinch of cinnamon. Stir until all melted and gooey. Pour into a cake pan. 

Now, this is the part the kids can help with. Have your preschooler place the cinnamon rolls on top of the sauce. Bake as directed.

This next part is just for mom to do. After you take the cinnamon rolls out of the oven, immediately place a large over-sized dish on top of the pan. Using pot holders, carefully invert the pan onto the plate. Let the pan rest upside down for 5 minutes before removing the pan. If it’s still hot, use the pot holders to remove it. It should lift off easily and underneath will be the most delicious ooey gooey sticky buns with caramel sauce dripping down the sides. 

These store great for up to a week. To reheat, warm them in the microwave for about 30 seconds or put the whole batch in the oven in an oven-safe dish for 5 minutes at 350°F.

Christmas Food Activities For Preschoolers

Now, go enjoy some holiday memory making with your crazy, hyper family!

Need more easy ideas to make the most of your family moments this Christmas? Download my CELEBRATE: Create a Joyful Christmas with Simple Activity Plans eBook while it’s 50% off!

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires