Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Move and Learn Shapes with a Ball + Tape for Toddlers

Click here to read Move and Learn Shapes with a Ball + Tape for Toddlers on Hands On As We Grow®


Try a fun hands-on activity for toddlers for a creative twist to learn shapes!

George begs to play this fun game to learn shapes over and over again! I happily agree because, honestly, it’s so simple!

Move and Learn Shapes with a Ball + Tape for Toddlers

Seriously. So easy.

Just a little tape and a ball make for a fun shapes learning activity!

To DIY your own ball game to learn shapes, you’ll need:

  • small indoor-safe ball
  • painter’s tape
  • open space

And that’s it!

I taped a bunch of shapes onto the floor in an open area of my hardwood floor. I didn’t really pay attention to where I put them, or in any certain order.

Mostly because I didn’t have a plan for this activity the first time I set it up. George just asked for an activity and he picked shapes!

We played this “game” several different ways. I definitely encourage you to put your own twists on this activity to learn shapes.

Work on learning shapes by rolling a ball around together!

Learn Shapes While You Roll Together!

With a couple balls, George and I sat across from each other and rolled the ball back and forth.

Make a shape to fill in with blocks or set up a road to drive through!

I was planning on calling out the shape that it landed on. Most of the time it just went all the way past all the shapes to each other.

So we started calling out what the ball did.

Sometimes rolled over the circle, triangle, and square. Other times it just barely went across any or just came close.

We described it together. It was mostly me, but George helped me name the shape when he could.

Move and learn together! It's a great way to teach new concepts in a fun way!

We also tried rolling trucks back and forth. I thought maybe it would have more control in the direction and stopping on a shape.

Throw, roll, or jump around on your quest to learning shapes together!

Toss & Learn Shapes Together

We tossed a bean bag toward the tape outlines, calling out the name of the shape that it landed on. George threw his frog – his beloved stuffed animal – as his bean bag.

But, George loved rolling the balls back and forth the best.

I want to try blowing pom poms, or cotton balls, with a straw down the row of shapes, like we did with the lines of tape. And where it lands we’ll have to call out what shape it landed on.

What are your favorite ways to move and learn shapes with your kids? Share your cool ideas with us!

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires