Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Create a Family of Pumpkin Mummies for Halloween!

Click here to read Create a Family of Pumpkin Mummies for Halloween! on Hands On As We Grow®


These are a super cute craft for Halloween that the preschoolers can do!

Make pumpkin mummies

No pumpkins? Try these 35 pumpkin crafts for kids!

I chose four pumpkins that I thought resembled our family from our heaping pile of pumpkins on our front porch. (Ha. Hmm… Not something I thought I’d be comparing to my family…)

Pumpkins to make a family of pumpkin mummies

I decorated a couple first to get figure out what had to be done. (I didn’t have any directions, only a picture of these pumpkin mummies from bhg.com as a fresh idea for decorating pumpkins.)

Also it was nice to have something to show to Henry. He doesn’t even know what a mummy is!

Big & Small Pumpkin Mummies

The smaller pumpkins are much harder to do than the larger ones, so I let Henry try wrapping up the larger pumpkin (Dad Pumpkin) that was left.

What you need to make a Family of Pumpkin Mummies:

  • I used 4 yards of a gauze roll (1 roll).
  • 2 googly eyes per pumpkin, in corresponding sizes.
  • And a little piece of black sticky back foam for the mouth (or you could use black construction paper, I just didn’t have any).

Creating a family of Pumpkin Mummies is easy:

Cut the gauze in half, lengthwise. And in half again for the smaller pumpkins.

Hot glue one end of the gauze to the pumpkin (in the back).

Wrap away. (Henry enjoyed spinning the pumpkin while I held the gauze.)

Wrapping pumpkin in gauze

Hot glue the other end of the gauze, or tuck it in. (The smaller pumpkins, I had to hot glue a couple times while wrapping… it wouldn’t stay!)

Hot glue on the googly eyes, tucking it under the edge of a piece of gauze to have it peeping out.

Adding eyes to the pumpkin mummies

Stick on the black sticky foam as the mouth.

I just cut a small triangle shape and tucked it in. I also found if you completely cover the mouth with the gauze and just cut a slit, it leaves a cute opening!

A mouth to complete the pumpkin mummies

Our pumpkin mummy family. Mom, Dad, Henry and George.

Make a family of pumpkin mummies for Halloween

 This is one of the 40 pumpkin activities for kids to try this Halloween! Get creative, have fun, and learn a little too!

What pumpkin mummy do you think is who?

Henry has them all named…

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires