Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Shape Christmas Tree Cards

Click here to read Shape Christmas Tree Cards on Hands On As We Grow®


My kids had so much fun making these shape Christmas tree cards! We’re going to use them as gift tags instead of cards though.

I grabbed my stash of cardstock and let the kids pick the colors they wanted to make their cards.

I cut a 12×12 paper (affiliate) in half, to have one for both Louis and George to make. I then folded both of them in half to make it a card.

Then, the kids picked their color for the Christmas tree.

We made these as simple as possible and used very simple shapes.

I drew a triangle on Louis’ paper and George drew his own. And then they each cut theirs out.

Cutting Christmas trees for cards

Using a scissors was something new for Louis. I had no idea if he could do it or not. Once I helped him hold it, he took right off! I just held the paper for him and he followed pretty darn close to the line! I was very impressed!

I highly recommend these kids’ scissors. (Affiliate)

Then they glued the triangle Christmas tree onto the front of the card I folded.

Louis put a big blob of glue instead of squirting it all around. It helped to have him spread it around using a craft stick.

christmas-tree-cards-9

Then we cut out a square for a tree trunk. The boys kept it pretty traditional and chose brown.

And then I cut stars out for the top of the Christmas tree. George wasn’t feeling confident enough to cut a star himself.

Simple Christmas tree cards - without decorating

And that could be the card right there! In fact, the boys did leave some completely undecorated.

But, decorating the tree was a favorite for them. They got to use glitter. Something I seem to only bring out during the holidays. (Our house is festively glittered now.)

I added a garland of glue on Louis’s to show George how to make a garland.

He then copied what I did and decorated his own Christmas tree pretty easily!

Decorating Christmas tree cards

I just love how simple they are and how festive and pretty they turned out.

A win-win this time of year when its so crazy!

Super simple Christmas tree cards for the holidays (use as gift tags too!)

And the boys loved doing them too! So a win-win-win?

Want more Christmas tree crafts and activities? You got it!

Super simple Christmas tree cards for the holidays (use as gift tags too!)

Speaking of the crazy-busy holiday season, what are you doing this year to make a memorable one? I often forget to slow down during the hectic holiday season to simply enjoy this short time with the kids.

I put together a holiday eBook of simple, enjoyable holiday crafts and activities to do with the kids during the season. It’s called CELEBRATE! Fitting, right? Start it now so you can enjoy a super creative and fun holiday this year. Check it out here.

Create a Joyful Christmas with Simple Activity Plans

Super simple Christmas tree cards for the holidays (use as gift tags too!)

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires