Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

New Birthday Tradition: Make it a ‘Yes’ Day

Click here to read New Birthday Tradition: Make it a ‘Yes’ Day on Hands On As We Grow®


I’ve been in a fog a lot lately. Not sure why, but I can’t seem to snap out of it. I even almost forgot to plan George’s 3rd birthday party, even if it is a low-key birthday party.

This simple birthday tradition idea is perfect to start with toddlers and maintain through the years! Make it a “yes day” and follow your child’s lead for the whole day.

Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t miss George’s birthday, but almost… I knew it was coming up, but I kept putting off… and before I knew it, it was a week before the party and I had no invites, or even a theme (of any sort) planned. Granted, we don’t go big at all for our parties, we tend to keep them very low-key. But I usually make my kids invitations and have a great birthday cake to go with it.

This simple birthday tradition idea is perfect to start with toddlers and maintain through the years! Make it a “yes day” and follow your child’s lead for the whole day.

And I had none of that going…. so I made some quick phone calls, put out an event on Facebook and made sure everyone got invited. Phew.

But man, I felt bad! Not that George will know any different… but I had to make it up to him.

Enter… the new birthday tradition… a Yes Day.

Create a simple tradition to make your birthday baby feel extra special year after year with this easy YES DAY idea! No pre planning, no stress, lots of smiles!

This is going to become a birthday tradition for each kid!

I first heard about doing a ‘Yes’ Day from Erica of What Do We Do All Day? It’s simple really. If a child has a request on that day, the answer is yes!

How did our ‘Yes’ Day turned out? Awesome! I highly recommend doing this at least once a year for each of your kids. Make it their special day!

Create a simple tradition to make your birthday baby feel extra special year after year with this easy YES DAY idea! No pre planning, no stress, lots of smiles!

Yes George, pancakes for breakfast!

Yes George, you can ride your new bike in the house.

Yes George, you can have Neapolitan ice cream!

Yes George, we can go to the movie!

Need a new birthday tradition that doesn’t require a lot of work or planning? Make it a YES day! Ice cream for breakfast… yes. Go to the park… yes. Breakfast for supper… yes!

I even overheard Henry say, “Hey George, today, whenever you ask us something, we’re going to say yes!”

I felt like it was a great way to slow down and make your child’s day. A simple yes can go a long ways. And perfect for a birthday.

Yes George, you can open the presents!

Yes George, eat all the ice cream you want.

More ice cream George? Yes!

Need a new birthday tradition that doesn’t require a lot of work or planning? Make it a YES day! Ice cream for breakfast… yes. Go to the park… yes. Breakfast for supper… yes!

I’m glad that George ended up with a very fun day for this birthday, even though it started out with me in such a fog to get it ready.

Are you ever in a fog like that? How do you snap out of it?

Make a new birthday tradition in your house too! Make it a “yes” day for the birthday kid! Within reason, say yes to as much as you can all day long to make it extra special!

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires